Precision Strategies, a leading data, digital and communications strategy firm, is looking for a Principal for Communications in their Washington D.C. office to support its fast- growing communications practice. As a firm, we work on the top issues of the day for high-profile corporate, non-profit, political and social advocacy clients.
We are a team of communications professionals with a diverse set of experiences who bring our expertise to the table to help clients achieve their goals. We strive for a collaborative, team-focused environment where employees have opportunities to continue developing their professional skills.
The Principal for Communications will lead a team in developing and implementing strategic communications programs on behalf of clients – including, but not limited to, strategic planning and message development, media relations, content creation, presentations and more.
We seek a senior communications professional who possesses excellent writing and oral communication skills, client management experience (or similar experience in corporate, political or advocacy roles), and a strong network of relationships with the media. This person should thrive in a fast-paced environment, want to work in a team-oriented environment, and be inclined to seek out challenges and opportunities.
The Principal will:
- Serve as client relationship manager on communications issues and programs
- Develop and oversee the implementation of strategic communication initiatives and programs
- Develop a wide-range of communication materials such as memos, strategies, PowerPoint presentations, press releases, talking points, opinion editorials and speeches
- Build media relationships
- Manage an in-house team effectively and efficiently
- Contribute to new business proposals and presentations
- Work collaboratively across communications, data and digital departments on behalf of clients
Experience and Qualifications
- 6-8 years or excellent experience in communications role in an in-house, government or consultancy environment
- Experience managing strategic communication programs and sensitive communication issues
- Wide-ranging relationships with media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, energetic, detail-oriented and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
Interested applicants should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Precision is committed to building a culturally diverse company and strongly encourages women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Back to All Jobs