Precision Strategies, a leading digital, data, and communications firm, is looking for a Principal or Senior Associate on our data and analytics team to assist in creating beautiful, informative data visualizations for clients ranging from nonprofits and advocacy groups to media start-ups and industry leaders.
Working with high-profile political, non-profit and corporate clients, the Principal or Senior Associate will be expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Serve as the point person for data visualization for the firm.
- Create and maintain professional, customized data visualizations that concisely tell a clear story in a visually appealing fashion.
- Develop template visualizations that can easily be re-used.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies with an eye towards applications in our client work.
- Assist in creating a defined visual style used for all visualizations at the firm.
Required experience and qualifications:
- A positive attitude, eagerness to creatively solve problems, and a resourceful, scrappy approach to the work.
- A proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines under pressure.
- 3+ years of experience designing data visualizations from scratch.
- At least intermediate knowledge of D3 or similar web-based visualization frameworks.
- At least beginning knowledge of SQL.
Helpful but not required experience and qualifications:
- Experience using Vega for data visualization.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience with Tableau.
- Any formal training in graphic design.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include links to publicly accessible data visualizations you have created, if available.
Precision is committed to building a culturally diverse company and strongly encourages women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Back to All Jobs